Lewis & Clark began its history as a collaboration between the Presbytery in Oregon and the town of Albany. The school then established was officially known as the Albany Collegiate Institute and had a curriculum that focused mainly on classical and traditional learning. In 1905 the name was changed to Albany College, and in 1942, after the acquisition of a substantial piece of land, the trustees renamed the College to the Lewis & Clark College. The Synod and Lewis & Clark severed their formal relationship in 1994 so that today, Lewis & Clark is an independent establishment overseen by a Board of Trustees.
Legal English for LLM Students
This course is designed with the specific needs of LLM students in mind. It teaches over 750 terms essential for successful postgraduate legal studies in English, and also includes invaluable study tips, exercises designed to train your academic legal skills development and reading, writing, listening and speaking practice. The texts are all taken from common law legal systems and provide an indispensable introduction to common law legal systems.